Baby Girl’s Nursery


I just completed our second baby’s nursery.  My son’s nursery had a nautical theme.  This time the nursery doesn’t have a specific theme per say , it’s more of a certain vibe/feel.  I like to call it whimsical woodland with a taste of boho…if that’s even a thing lol.  I knew right away when I found out we were having a girl that I wanted the main color of the room to be purple.  I decided to do different shades of purple with a secondary color of mint green and touches of gold.  After deciding on colors I started searching on Etsy for different fabrics that I would use for the overall inspiration of the room as well as different paint colors that I planned to use for different elements in the room.


I found this set of fabrics called Morning Song by Cloud9 Fabrics which was perfect for the look I was going for.

One of the first projects I did was this dresser.  I found it on Craigslist.  I used Benjamin Moore Forget Me Not on the dresser.IMG_3247



I spray painted all the hardware bronze.



For the inside of the drawers, I wanted to do some kind of liner.  I decided to create a quilt pattern (because I adore quilts!) using scrapbook paper and then used a spray adhesive and Mod Podge to attach it to the inside of the drawers.



I love a gallery wall.  I’ve created them in almost every room of our house as you can see here and here .  IMG_4029

For this gallery wall I painted some water color flowers in different shades of purple and had a quote printed from one of my favorite Elton John songs on Etsy.  The quote is gold leaf to bring that bit of gold that I wanted to include in the room.  I changed the quote a little from the original “How wonderful life is while you’re in the world” so it makes a little more sense for a nursery.


One of the other projects that I made for the gallery wall is the flower initial.  For this project I cut out the letter from a large cardboard box.  I got the flowers from Michael’s  and Jo-ann Fabric.  I took the leaves and flowers and placed them on the cardboard to see where I wanted them to go before hot gluing them.  After I was happy with the placement I hot glued everything and then went back and glued more flowers in any places that looked bare.


The other items for the gallery wall were very simple to make.  The feather cutout came unfinished from Zulily and I painted it and used gold letters I got from Michael’s to write the quote “Don’t just fly, soar”.  I got the doilies from Jo-ann Fabric and framed them along with a piece of scrapbook paper.  The fabric is in different size embroidery hoops.  The mounted butterflies are just wood circles that came unfinished. I painted them and then used a hot glue gun to attach the butterflies.

Above the crib, I made these dream catchers from doilies and lace  I found at different stores.  I used neutral color ribbon to wrap macrame hoops.  I used left over ribbon, wooden beads, and feathers that I had to make the dream father’s tail.  I found the driftwood at Homegoods.




On the other wall next to the crib, I made two kites using the leftover fabric I had.


These kites are no sew so anyone can make them.  I cut the fabric into small squares to make a quilt pattern and used fabric glue to attach them. The kite tails are made from paper wrapped floral wire.




The built-in shelves were already in the room when we bought the house.  I love the storage and space they provide.



I found all the little gold animals at different stores and on Amazon.  They were originally different colors but I spray painted them all the same gold color.

The fabric flowers were easy to make. I followed this tutorial I found on Pinterest.


This jewelry box was originally unfinished wood that I painted and then decoupaged.

This mobile is hanging above the changing table right by the window.  When the sun is setting and hits the crystals it creates hundreds of rainbows all over the room.


I used a metal wreath ring for the top of the mobile and then attached the strings of clear crystal beads that I had already strung.  I used my hot glue gun to attach the flowers to the ring and then tied purple ribbon to the ring that I used to hang the mobile.