These cookies are one of my favs that I make during the holiday season. They’re so buttery and the sweetness from the preserves hits the spot!
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Separate 2 egg yolks and add to bowl with butter and sugar. Mix well.
4. Add vanilla and salt and mix well.
5. Add flour slowly to mixture and mix well.
6. Scoop a tablespoon size of dough and roll into a ball. Place dough ball on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Using a fingertip make a print in the center of the dough ball.
8. Add 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the fingerprint. I use blackberry, raspberry, and I used to use apricot until I had an allergic reaction last year, so I now use strawberry.
9. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
10. Remove and let cool on cooling rack.
Have a holly jolly Christmas,